Centrifugal and Screw Chiller Motors
All chiller motors undergo complete lamination core testing. This includes checking for watts loss, magnetic flux, and shorted laminations. After removing the old windings, another full test is performed. This second test is compared with the original, and then compared to a cumulative standard for all motors of the same type lamination. These tests determine whether laminations are repaired, restacked, or replaced. All motors must meet or exceed new motor specifications.
Motor Shaft and Rotor
Chiller motor shafts are inspected for journal size, total indicated run out, as well as thread and key slot wear. All shafts are remanufactured to the original machine and balance specifications. Rotors are electrically tested to assure the bars are not separated or broken. We can rebar the existing rotor or manufacture a new replacement, if required.
Motor Assembly and Parts
We use only parts that meet or exceed Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications. New Bearings are always installed during assembly. Parts are checked to verify they meet all specifications.
After assembly, all motors are run and subjected to his full battery of tests:
- Amperage (amp) draw and voltage is checked for balance on T-legs and per phase
- Oil flows and temperature differential is checked across each bearing to assure proper clearance and fit
- Vibration is measured in three plains on each end of the motor using half keys
- Rotation is verified to ABC incoming power
- Rotors are rechecked for open bars using low voltage in a single phase mode
- Total indicated runout on the shaft is verified and double checked
- End clearance is checked with OEM specifications.
- All motors are coated to prevent rusting, wrapped in plastic and placed in a wooden crate for shipment
All motors carry a full one year replacement warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Why You Should Team With Blue Sky Technologies?
For over 20 years, Blue Sky Technologies has provided the HVAC industry with new and remanufactured compressors, refrigerant monitors, repair parts, and other specialty equipment. We have a long string of repeat customers because we focus on efficiency and attention to details.
We strive to provide top quality customer service. Our team will serve your needs completely, honestly, and in a friendly manner. Why don’t you give us a shot today?
Contact us today to speak to a member of our team!